This product ships as a zipped web. Save the downloaded zip file to your hard drive, then unzip it to your "My Webs" directory (or wherever you like to keep your webs). A folder with the template name will be created, and your new web will be created inside. Afterward, simply open FrontPage or Expression Web Designer, browse to the folder and open your web!
Can I easily change the colors on this template?
- Yes, you simply need to be able to modify a style sheet. All template colors and fonts are controlled by an external style sheet, twcxxx.css, located in the root directory of the web; the menu colors are controlled by an external style sheet, ddm_style.css, located in the root directory of the web.
Can I change the images in the flash movie?
- Yes. The movie is dynamic, meaning the text and images are modified without requiring a flash editing program. To replace the images, simply size and name your images the same as ours, then save them to the movie_files/ directory of the web, overwriting the originals, as follows:
Left side images: One non-progressive .jpg image, named limage1.jpg, sized 263 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.
Right side images: Three non-progressive .jpg images, named rimage1.jpg, rimage2.jpg, rimage3.jpg, sized 500 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.
How do I change the YourName.com in the header?
- We have included the layered photoshop file (images/design_elements/yourname.psd) if you have a graphics program capable of modifying layered photoshop files. You will need the font Palatino Linotype (not included with the template), or you may substitute your own. After changing, save back to the same directory as yourname.gif, overwriting our original. As an alternative, you may open the file include_top.htm, then either insert your own graphical logo or type your information in within FrontPage and save.
How do I change the copyright information at the bottom of the pages?
- You need to do that only on the page "include_bot.htm" - the changes will be effective throughout all pages of your web.
How do I modify the drop-down menu?
- Please refer to the "Adding Pages" page of this website for specific instructions.
Can I add more pages?
- Certainly! You can add as many as you wish! Just use one of our blank page templates (see the "What's Included" page of this template). Go to the Folder List (View, Folders) and open the template or your choice. As soon as it is open, go to File, Save AS... - then save it as the name you want your new page to have. Now, go to the Navigation view (View, Navigation). Is your Folder List open as well? If not, the go to View, Folder LIST to open it. Next, locate the new filename in the Folder List (it's probably at the bottom), left click over it and while holding down the left mouse button, drag it over into the Navigation Structure and drop it where you want it, so that it is underneath either the Home page or another existing page. Repeat every time you wish to add a new page!
Can I use your images for business cards/brochures/ads?
- No. We have paid the appropriate licensing fees for you to use the imagery free of copyright infringement for a web site only. If you wish to use the imagery for other purposes, you will need to obtain your own license. Please refer to the license agreement included with this template for additional details.
Why doesn't my form work?
- Your form has to be programmed according to your own server to work. Please refer to our general template FAQs on our web site for more information.